Did you know…
The E-Tailing Group’s latest consumer survey reveals that the Web is definitely the preferred shopping channel for multi-channel shoppers.
While only 44% said they’d be shopping in brick-and-mortar stores, 49% of respondents said they intend to shop online during the holiday season.
Those online shoppers had a variety of reasons for choosing the Web over stores:
* 88% said they’d shop online to save time.
* 84% would use the Web to seek out hard-to-find products.
* 83% wanted to access a larger selection using the Web.
* 83% planned to shop online to avoid crowded malls.
* 80% said they’d shop online to save money.
We’ve said it before- now is the time for these businesses to prepare for the holiday season. It’s clear that a vast number of shoppers are going to opt to purchase gifts online this year.
If your enterprise does not yet have a ecommerce enabled website, now it the time to move on that marketing initative. Don’t let these valuable customers slip through you fingers!
Leave a Reply