It's Your Body, Do You Understand It?
- Are you a mother trying to explain to your daughter what happens as she becomes a woman?
- Are you trying to deal with menopause?
- Do you sometimes feel betrayed by your body?
- Do you hate or fear "that time of month"?
- Are you trying to get pregnant, or avoid pregnancy?
- Have you ever felt like your emotions are on a roller-coaster?
This book began with decades of clinical observation at women's health clinics, and while working with at-risk girls in halfway houses. This led to a series of obvious questions, and some surprising discoveries:
- Why do so many of the "facts" in common medical textbooks differ from what can be clearly observed?
- Why are medical conditions frequently experienced by women here, nonexistent in other countries and cultures?
- When did having your period become a disease that had to be treated with drugs and surgery?
- Why are ineffective, or even harmful medical practices still commonplace?
- Why are successful health strategies disregarded despite peer-reviewed evidence of their efficacy?